We are looking for a passionate and hardworking individual to join our Oilseed Rape breeding team at Rothwell, Lincolnshire.
Who are Limagrain?
Limagrain are a leading global plant breeding and seed company. The company breeds and markets a wide range of agriculture crops and seeds for the UK market under the established LG brand. Learn more about us here
We are currently seeking an Oilseed Rape Technician to join our OSR breeding team, based at our Rothwell site. The successful candidate will carry out routine technical activities for the oilseeds breeding programme – particularly work involving early generations prior to field testing.
- Assist with DH production (poly-tunnels). Potting, bagging, general husbandry.
- Assist with the early generations (F1-F3) of restorers. Sowing, transplanting, bagging, general husbandry.
- Perform crosses for the main crossing and backcrossing programmes.
- Assist with sampling of plants for genotyping.
- Prepare samples for Gas Chromatography according to established protocols.
- Assist with operations for seed quality analysis.
- Perform seasonal activities in the nursery and trial fields.
- Prepare seed (clean, packet etc.) for nursery and field trials.
- Provide assistance with field operations (drive tractor, combines)
- This position requires a flexible approach and the ability to work as part of a team including outside normal office hours as required by the seasonal nature of the work.
- A full driving license is essential.
- Although education to A level or above is ideal, attention to detail, accuracy and excellent manual dexterity are essential qualities.
- Familiarity with MS Office is an advantage.
- Due to the very specialised nature of the role, full training will be provided.
How to Apply
To discuss the above role and your suitability in a confidential manner, please contact:
Closing date for applications is Friday 27th March 2020